Monday, April 10, 2006

Sammy


Hi! My name is Sammy. I am Andy's older brother. (I would say big brother but he out weighs me by a pound or two.) I'm the reason Mom got involved with Dachshund Rescue. I was a long time foster before she saw me and thought I was the most beautiful color she had ever seen. Once she was approved to adopt me, I got to meet her and Roxie. It wasn't exactly love at first sight for Roxie. She was used to being an only dog and wasn't too sure about sharing Mom. Lucky for me, Mom is the boss so she makes the rules and I got to stay. That was almost two years ago! Mom says I've gone from being a quiet little guy to very outspoken.

Like Andy, I also like toys but I like squeaky ones. Unfortunately they don't stay squeaky very long. Either I squeak the squeak right out of them or Andy rips the toy open to find out what is making the squeak. In any case, we have very quiet toys around here now unless Mom buys new ones.

I also like food. I think Mom is trying to starve me. Just because Dr. S said I needed to lose weight when she first got me, I have been on a diet. I only weighed 18 1/2 pounds and Dr. S (the interfering person he is) said I should weigh about 16 pounds! So Mom put me on this diet and I've lost the weight. Now all I ever get is two meals and two or three or maybe four treats a day. Look at my picture! See how I am nothing but skin and bones?? How am I supposed to defend the house if I don't have any energy? I just don't know what to do ...

Gee, I wish I hadn't thought of food ... now I'm hungry. Maybe I can get a snack out of Mom. I have to go now. I have important work to do.

Come see us again soon. Next time you will get to meet Roxie. She is a little bit of a princess since she has never been in Rescue or foster care. She thinks her life is tough when she can't get a tummy rub! Girls!!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Hi Sammy!

You have something in common with me and with my sister, Dakota! I got my moms into dog rescue also! But with them it's boxer recue. I do not allow them to foster, though. This is my house!

Dakota is the one in our house who is on a diet. She went from 101 pounds to a not-so-slim 85. The doctor says she has to lose more. Darn those doctors! You look skinny to me!

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Thanks Cubby,

I wish my mom would listen to you instead of the doctor! I show her how skinny I am and she still won't give me more food! Your poor sister! I don't want to lose any more weight. I bet she doesn't either!
Sammy