Wednesday, September 03, 2008

One more time ...

Hello everydog, cat and GirlGirl! Roxie here.

Sunday of last week Mom was all ready to start blogging on a regular basis and then, well if you read Mona and the Mommy's blog, you know we had another snake incident. Mom just couldn't bring herself to tell you she let another snake bite us. She was afraid you would think she is a bad mommy to let it happen so much. Well, the truth is she never even saw that nasty old snake. And she is a very good mommy and we love her and are glad we live with her. And we also found out that copperhead snakes are a real problem in Texas this year so it's not her fault.


Anyway, I think I was just in the wrong place and the wrong time or the right place at the wrong time or maybe the wrong place at the right time. Really, I was just looking for a place to do my business when all of the sudden something bit me in my arm. Here is a picture of my arm when I got home from the vet on Monday night.



If you look real close you can see the two puncture marks on my arm. And look how swollen I am!

I am all better now. Mom gave me pain pills on a regular basis so I was feeling pretty good most days. Mom also gave me lots of antibiotic pills until they were finished. The swelling went away and I was ready for Mona and her mommy to come for a long visit!

We had a wonderful time with Mona. As you may know, the mommies sat in the wooden rockers on the front porch and watched us play. We got to bark at cowdogs and we made the fort. Mona told you about all of those things.

We didn't even see any snakes which is good for them because Mom was packing heat (the shotgun) and she said no snake she saw was going to get the chance to bite us. We felt pretty safe.

Well, Mom is getting ready to make some dinner for herself so I need to go *help*.

Talk to you later! Have a great day!

11 comments:

Joe Stains said...

We would never think she is a bad Mommy!! Snakes are pesky critters for sure! Glad you had fun with Mona!

Lacy said...

w00f's Kids, ur mama didnt tell those bad ole snakies to bit u...and me iz sorry u gotdid bited again..glad u iz feeling better...is there sumthing u can do to keep snakies away....mama says she heardid that they wont crawl over water hoses...is dat rite?? we iz glad u pups all had a fun time too...mama says she will ask jeeves watt u can do to fix the snakie problem...

b safe,
~rocky~

Charlie Daniels said...

G'day Roxie

I can't believe the amount of bad luck you are having with snakes. I can see the marks on your leg - it looks very swollen.

Cheers

Charlie

Lorenza said...

Hi, Roxie!
I am so sorry this happened again!
I hope you are doing well now!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Ferndoggle said...

Oh Roxie...you poor thing. We could never, ever think you have a bad Mommy! And we're glad you had a great time with Mona.

Penny & Lola

Unknown said...

Ouch! That beats my itchies. Fell better. Daisy and Lady.

Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

Heck, not mom's fault we're havig a big copperhead year! There's been alot around here(Denton area) too. We're just sorry ya'll had to go through it again.
Hugs
Sunny&Scooter

Peanut said...

no way is your mommy a bad mommy. They are just bad snakes.

Lindsay said...

Oh no! We just found your blog through Sunny and Scooter, and the very first post we saw was this one! We are so sorry you got attacked by that awful snake, but we're happy you're doing better. It's not your Mom's fault that there are bad snakes out there. We know she must be feeling very bad you got bit, but it's not her fault!

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan and The Girl

Lady Kaos said...

Poor Roxie. We would never think your Mom is letting those stupid snakes bite you! We know she does what she can to keep you guys safe. How many mom know how to shoot a shotgun? Her knowing how provves that she is doing what she can to protect you guys.
Kaos

The Zoo Crew said...

We're so sad to read that there's been another snake attack!! But thank DOG, you guys are alright. Can't those nasty ole snakes find soemone else to bother?

Lucy Lu