Thursday, May 17, 2007

Andy's Toy

We have gotten a couple of questions about the toy Andy is playing with in his "tummy tag" picture. We have been wanting to make a post about that toy so now is as good of a time as any! Maybe you remember in a previous post, Mom had called a toy a donkey but when she found the packaging, she realized it was a fox. Even then we told you Mom is pretty silly because a donkey does not look anything like a fox. Mom says her excuse was it was brown and had long legs. You tell us ...



Anyway, that lead to Mom always calling the toy Fox-that-is-not-a-donkey. She decided that was too much to say so she thought about F(ox-that-is-not-a-d)onkey and decided to call it Fonkey. (Control yourselves out there. She IS our Mom.)

Well, Andy loved to play with that toy but Sammy decided that Fonkey was his replacement for poor Red Bear who is still around but is only a shell of his former self. Since Sammy doesn't play with lots of toys, Mom usually lets him have one if he picks it out.

To make it up to Andy, Mom went to get another toy. She wanted to buy a Stinky but Petsmart only had the fox. (Here are the different ones in the series. This is just a site Mom found that shows all of the toys. It is not an endorsement for the site.) This is Foxy. He is the plush fox. You can tell because he has black legs.



So now we have Fonkey and Foxy and, guess what, Sammy wants them both. Mom spends most the time taking one away from Sammy and letting Andy have it. Roxie just ignores the whole process.



And, yes, Fonkey's face is a little chewed up. We have been working on him. He is already missing his squeakers.

17 comments:

Joe Stains said...

Those toys look super fun! I think a Fonkey sounds like a pretty cool animal.

Ruby Bleu said...

Fonkey...ha ha ha that's really funny. I think I need a fonkey too!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Anonymous said...

i posted my tummy tag pix !!
!!!

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh Fonkey looks like a fun toy

~ Girl girl

Cairo The Boxer said...

I love getting the noise box out and all the stuffing! Then I play with the carcass for weeks!!!

Poor Andy he needs some toys too, you can come and play with mine.

MJ's doghouse said...

once i rip the squeaker and stuffing out of my stuffies, they are pretty much just tugawar toys...my mommy tries very hard to find one i cant get the squeaker out....we found one at walmart...a little hedgehog...but i keep trying...some day i will do it..

MJ's doghouse said...

once i rip the squeaker and stuffing out of my stuffies, they are pretty much just tugawar toys...my mommy tries very hard to find one i cant get the squeaker out....we found one at walmart...a little hedgehog...but i keep trying...some day i will do it..

Luckie Girl said...

Those are really cool toys..i like that they come in a series of some sorts! :)

Peanut said...

Fonkey is funny. My mom thought it was a good name for that fox-donkey.

Katherine and Pippa said...

I want one. But they don't have stuff like that where I live. Ruffs, Pippa

Bobkat said...

I like the name 'Fonkey'. Thank you for your visit and for your Dachsie thoughts and prayers for my mother. It is much appreciated.

Lorenza said...

Hi, guys. I think Fonkey has had a hard time! but that means you like it so much, right? I don't know how is like to share my toys because I don't have doggies around me to do that but I don't like when my mom takes one from me. I want her to give it to me back soon!!
Have a nice day!
Lorenza

Gwyn Valentine said...

hahahah thats a cute looking fox you got there!

Isabella said...

Fonky and Fox look like great toys! Emmy chews the ears and noses off all out toys so they all look pretty weird.
Big Wags,
Isabella

The Army of Four said...

Your mom sounds a lot like ours. A lot. :)
Love,
Amber
PS: We met the bipeds who own the new dachsie Zim told you about. He is called a "Piebald" Dachsie. We knew there were piebald Siberians, but not Dachsies!

JustMeCopper said...

Fonkey ... it sounds like something out of a rock song or something. Funny! Roxie is smart of keep clear of any toy issues. I bet she is too "good" to "play with toys."

MJ's doghouse said...

hey boys and girl, thankyou sosososososososos sososososo so much for nominating me ....i have been nominated before..but never win...but it is sooooooo awesome to be nominated.....