Monday, November 27, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving and ... How 'bout Those Ags!!

We are back and wanted to wish everyone a belated Happy Thanksgiving. To those of you not in the USA, we wish you a belated Happy November 23rd! We are not able to make much of a post since the computer guy still has our computer. It sounds like he is really making it super-fast so we are willing to wait a little while longer.

Now we need to explain the second part of our title.

Mom graduated from Texas A&M University (a long time ago); the students, graduates and athletes of Texas A&M are called Aggies. The football team played their state rivals, University of Texas (or as Aggies call it ... tu) on Friday. Last year tu won the National Championship. On Friday, tu lost to TAMU and lost any chance of repeating themselves. Mom watched the whole game. We gave her some space while she watched because she was a crazy woman jumping up from the sofa, waving her arms, yelling at the television. We don't want to hurt her feelings so that's all we are going to say on the subject. This is OUR blog and not hers. Now if a dachsie wins one of those fancy dog shows ...

Hopefully we will have our computer back tomorrow but we don't have any guarantees. Until then, just know we are going through serious blog withdrawal.

10 comments:

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Go 'Canes

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Isabella said...

I don't anything about football games, but I did see some Dachsie's at the Thanksgiving Day dog show on TV. They weren't as cute as you guys, though.
Big Wags,
Isabella

The Army of Four said...

Sometimes when bipeds watch football, they have snacks. And they get excited when their team does good stuff. When they get REALLY excited, they spill the snacks. That's where I get interested in football.
Luv,
Dave

Cairo The Boxer said...

One of my parents friends went to tu and he went crazy last year. My parents went to UC Irvine ... they don't have a football team. But they do have a good B-ball team.

JustMeCopper said...

Wowie Zowie Roxie, Sammy and Andy! My grandaddy graduated from Texas A&M in 1951 and is a HUUUUGGGGEEEE fan. I mmean HUGE!!!! I can't wait to tell him that some of my dog friends know about his school. I am sure he watched that game too. He loves football. He is coming to visit me at Christmas. He is lonely now since Grammy went to Heaven.

Deanna said...

Some of my cousins are Aggies, too! They are crazy!

Ivy said...

i like any foosball team that has a dog as theyr mascot! both of my peepol went to good dog schools so that is why i let them adopt me. tee hee!

Bobkat said...

Sounds like life and death stuff to me!

I was in the US for Thanksgiving and everything was so quiet while folks were with ther families and everything was closed (except cinemas and fast food!).

Hope you get your computer back soon!

Deb said...

Looks like you guys don't have your 'puter back yet, or it's soooo fast now I can't see it, hee, hee! Go Aggies! Momma & me are Gopher fans. It's hard for me being a Gopher fan as all I want to do is eat the little buggers. Hope you get back soon!

Your pal,
Roo

Pippin, the Gentle Pup said...

Hey Dachsies,

One of my people graduated from UT (that's what Longhorns call it), but when she went there, she didn't think football was all that fun and she always thought it was weird that their mascot was a castrated bull--I mean what is that all about?

Now, she works at the University of Michigan and was really bummed when they lost to Ohio State this year. She thinks that Michigan is still better than USC, but the BCS isn't listening....

Pip